Thursday, February 6, 2014

Movies

     I am a huge fan of movies. TV shows, not so much but there is always something about a good movie. Recently I'v been watching Labyrinth over and over again. If any of you haven't seen it then you're definitely missing out. It's a Jim Henson film which means it has awesome puppets. It also has David Bowie which means it's totally amazing! I absolutely love David Bowie so that's part of why I've obsessing over it. I've also been watching movies that are new to me. Like the Resident Evil series. I've only seen the first and second so far but they are amazing! I also love the games. I only have the 4th one right now but I hope to get more. I don't know what it is about movies but they're always so intriguing.

     When it comes to genres I'm a huge horror and comedy person. I don't know what's so appealing about them but I guess there's just something about murders that make me happy. Haha I don't really know why that is. I guess it's because they put more effort into making a good story...? I like to think that horror films have a better story because they really want to scare you. Whether it be psychological or just pure fear. They always have a great background to them and ending. Well most of them have good endings. Some have bum ones that make me wonder why I even bothered to watch it. Comedies on the other hand don't tend to have much of a story. They're just funny. That can be argued though. I can't really think off the top of my head some really funny movies I have seen that have a great story...

   When it comes to my favorite movie, I'm stuck between two. I love Sweeney Todd and Suicide Kings. Both for different reasons. Sweeney Todd because of the music and story. I have never been a big fan of musicals but this one is quite fantastic. I have memorized all the words and can quote it almost perfectly even with an accent. There is also something about Johnny Depp that drives me crazy. I would suggest watching it but that is only if you can handle somebody dying. Not trying to spoil anything but somebody does die so be warned. Now Suicide Kings is a pretty different movie. It has my favorite actor in it and that is Christopher Walken. I don't know what it is with him but I seem to love all movies with him in it. Like Click, Suicide Kings, The Rundown, Sleepy Hollow, and Balls of Fury. If you've seen any of these movies then you know who I'm talking about. Also if you know the whole "More Cowbell" bit from Saturday Night Live then you most likely know who he is. There is always something about a good mobster film. I've only seen two of the sort but they were amazing. They were Suicide Kings and Reservoir Dogs. Reservoir Dogs has Steve Buscemi in it so it's pretty good. I would highly suggest Suicide Kings but that's only if you can handle nudity. There is a bit in there so be warned.

Labyrinth Trailer
Resident Evil Trailer
Sweeney Todd Trailer
Suicide Kings Trailer
Reservoir Dogs Trailer

     There I put all the trailers to the movies. There are still some I left out but I don't think they are needed. If you wish for them to be there then go ahead and comment saying so. Once again thank you if you made it to the end. Comments are always welcome and I'll write to you soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment